Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 20 min. | Serving Size: 4-5
- 5-8 oz potato starch noodles
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon light flavor olive oil
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 medium size carrots, thinly sliced into 2″ matchsticks
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 stalks of green onion, cut into 1″ lengths
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced baby bella or crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 lb spinach washed and drained well, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse under cold running water, making to let each strand cool, then drain
- Cut the noodles into smaller pieces of about 8-10″
- Place the noodles in a bowl and drizzle with sesame oil
- Set aside
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce and the sugar. Set that aside next to the stove. Add the olive oil to a very large skillet or wok and set the heat to high (adjust as necessary, if your oil begins to smoke, turn it down just slightly).
- When the cooking oil is hot, but not smoking, add your carrots and onions. Stir fry them until barely softened, about 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, green onions and garlic all at once and stir fry that for about 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and the soy sauce mixture and toss to combine.
- Add the noodles and stir fry, tossing constantly to combine, for just 2-3 minutes, until the noodles are cooked through and hot.
- Turn off the heat and add sesame seeds if desired.
- Drizzle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and toss to coat.
*Original recipe here
Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 8-10 hours | Serving Size: 8
- 2 pounds chopped top sirloin meat
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 6 ounces sour cream
- 6 cups hot cooked noodles or rice
- In 3 1/2- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix beef, onion, soups, mushrooms and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Stir cream cheese into beef mixture until melted. Stir sour cream into beef mixture. Serve over noodles.
* Original recipe here
Prep Time: 20 min. | Cook Time: 22 min. | Serving Size: 6
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces thinly sliced low-fat bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 cups coarsely shredded chicken (from 1 roasted chicken)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and garlic and saute until it is brown and crisp, about 8 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, cheese, yolks, basil, and parsley to blend.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook until it is just tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add the chicken to the pan with the bacon and stir to combine. Next, add the spaghetti and the cream mixture and toss over medium-low heat until the chicken is heated through and the sauce coats the spaghetti thickly, about 4 minutes (do not boil or you might end up scrambling the eggs). Season the pasta, to taste, with pepper and salt if needed (the bacon will likely add all the salt you need).
- Transfer the pasta to a large wide serving bowl. Sprinkle the walnuts and lemon zest over, and serve.
* Original recipe here
Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 30 min. | Serving Size: 4-6
- 1 package corn tortillas
- 2 lbs. chicken breast
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 bottle Trader Joe’s Enchilada Sauce
- 8-12 oz. light sour cream
- 1 (16 oz.) bag Trader Joe’s Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Boil water with a pinch of salt then add chicken breast until almost cooked
- Drain and shred chicken breast
- Brown chicken breast and add onion
- Add a small amount of sauce to the bottom of a casserole dish
- Layer tortillas, chicken/onion mixture, sour cream, cheese and sauce. Continue layering the remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
*Original recipe here